An action helper lets you create a pre-action, which later on can be used create a rule or product definition or stuff like that which gives you an ability to use the platform faster. To create an action helper you press on Add Action Helpers as shown in the example bellow.
The icon buttons that are used in the Actions Helpers section are explained as follows.
- Add Action Helpers lets you start creating the action helper. -
- - Save lets you create the action helper that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you cannot create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red.
- - Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- - Edit lets you edit the information of the created action helper.
- - Delete lets you delete the created action helper from the list.
By pressing Add Action Helpers navigates you to a new pop up window as shown in the example below where you fill out the new action helper`s information. Some fields are mandatory, some are optional for the creation of action helpers.
|Name||The label that will be shown whenever you will need to select an action helper.|
The key represents the original representation of the action where the name is a label that can be added as a descriptor.
Example - a client sends a lower case "win event" where the name of the key can be upper case but the key must be the same as the clients sent "win event".
|Description||The description of the action helper for the clients usage.|
Optional information you can use to store reference information.
If you filled out all the information correctly, then you can press the icon button Save and the Action Helper will be saved. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If you did all the steps correctly the Action Helper should be created in the Settings → Action Helpers and shown as in an example below. After creation you can Edit the helper or Delete the action helper from the list.
If something went wrong and you do not know what or have some problems and need some support, please use our help desk, if you do not have access please contact us.
Next: Custom Fields