Event Consumers configure the connection between an incoming event queue via RabbitMQ or Kafka and a Transformer. To create an Event Consumer you first need a transformer for it to work. How to create a Transformer you can read in the Transformers section. When you have a transformer then in Settings → Event Consumers press on Add Consumer Config as shown in the example bellow.
The icon buttons that are used in the Event Consumers section are explained as follows.
- Add Consumer Config lets you start creating a new event consumer. -
- - Save lets you create the event consumer that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you can not create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red.
- - Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- Start lets you start the event consumer. -
- - Edit lets you edit the information of the created event consumer.
- - Delete lets you delete the created event consumer from the list.
By pressing Add Consumer Config navigates you to a new pop up window as shown in the example below where you fill out the new event consumers information. Some fields are mandatory some are optional for custom field creation.
|Name||Enter a name that you can use to refer to this configuration. It is for display only.|
|URI||Identifies the name and location of a file or resource in a uniform format. It includes a string of characters for the filename and may also contain the path to the directory of the file.|
|Virtual Host||For RabbitMQ, enter the name of the virtual host for the desired namespace. For Kafka, set this to "CL".|
|Port||Specify the port to use for the connection.|
|SSL Enabled||Set to Yes to use an SSL connection.|
|Username||Specify the username|
|Password||Specify the password|
|Queue Name||Specify the RabbitMQ queue name or the Kafka topic|
|Exchange||Specify an option Exchange name for a RabbitMQ queue|
|Routing Key||Specify the Routing Key for a RabbitMQ queue|
|Description||An optional description for this queue|
|Transformer||Selecting the transformer that was previously created in the Transformers sub section.|
|Durable||The queue will remain after a broker restart|
|Exclusive||The queue is used by only one connection and the queue is deleted when the connection closes|
|Auto Delete||The queue is deleted when the last consumer unsubscribes|
If you filled out all the information correctly then you can press the icon button Save and the event consumer will be saved. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If you did all the steps correctly the Event consumer should be created in the Settings → Event Consumers and shown as in an example below. After creation you can Edit the event consumer, Start or Delete it from the list.
If something went wrong and you do not know what or have some problems and need some support, please use our help desk, if you do not have access please contact us.