It's a communication service which allows you to configure return callback services depending on triggers. To create a Webhook you first need a transformer for it to work. How to create a Transformer you can read in the Transformers section. When you have a transformer then in Settings → Webhooks press on Add Webhook as shown in the example bellow.
The icon buttons that are used in the Webhooks section are explained as follows.
- Add Webhook lets you start creating the webhook. -
- Create Webhook lets you create the webhook that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you can not create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red. -
- Update Webhook after you create the webhook you can Edit it and after that you can update the settings you edited. -
- - Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- - Edit lets you edit the information of the created webhook.
- - Delete lets you delete the created webhook from the list.
By pressing Add Webhook navigates you to a new pop up window as shown in the example below where you fill out the new webhooks information. Some fields are mandatory some are optional for webhook creation.
|Description||The description of the webhook for the clients reference.|
|Post To Url||The WebHook endpoint|
Selecting the transformer that was previously created in the Transformers sub section.
|Triggers||They are notifications of events that happened in the CompetitionLabs system.|
|Headers||Option headers to include in the HTTP POST request|
If you filled out all the information correctly then you can press the icon button Create Webhook and the webhook will be saved. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If you did all the steps correctly the Webhook should be created in the Settings → Webhooks and shown as in an example below. After creation you can Edit it or Delete the webhook from the list.
If something went wrong and you do not know what or have some problems and need some support, please use our help desk, if you do not have access please contact us.
Next: Event Consumers