A custom field when you are creating an event and you need a specific documentation about something that is not included in the standart creation tab. For example a field of creating an event like reward and you need a field that describes how many participants would get the reward. To create a Custom Field you press on Add Custom Field as shown in the example bellow.
The icon buttons that are used in the Reward Types section are explained as follows.
- Add Custom Field lets you start creating the custom field. -
- - Save lets you create the action field that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you can not create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red.
- - Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- - Edit lets you edit the information of the created custom field.
- - Delete lets you delete the created custom field from the list.
By pressing Add Custom Field navigates you to a new pop up window as shown in the example below where you fill out the new custom fields information. Some fields are mandatory some are optional for custom field creation.
|Name||The label of the new custom field.|
|Custom Field Key||The custom field key represents the original representation of the field where the name is a label that can be added as a descriptor.|
|Description||The description of the custom field for the clients usage.|
The type that you need for the field (word, number etc.).
|Applies To||To what section of the CompetitionLabs platform does this custom field applies to|
If you filled out all the information correctly then you can press the icon button Save and the Custom Field will be saved. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If you did all the steps correctly the Custom Field should be created in the Settings → Custom Fields and shown as in an example below. After creation you can Edit it or Delete the custom field from the list.
Attention! After creation you can not Edit the Custom Field Key and Field Type.
If something went wrong and you do not know what or have some problems and need some support, please use our help desk, if you do not have access please contact us.