An application programming interface key (API key) is a code passed in by computer programs calling an API to identify the calling program, its developer, or its user to the Web site. API keys are used to track and control how the API is being used. To add an API key to the list you need to press Add Key as shown in the example below.
The icon buttons that are used in the API Keys section are explained as follows.
- Add Key lets you start creating the API key. The Key itself will be generated automatically. -
- Save lets you create the API key that you were creating. If the information is filled out incorrectly then you cannot create and the information that is incorrect will be highlighted red. -
- - Close means that you want to cancel whatever you are creating. By pressing Close you do not get an additional pop up of asking if you want to close so the information that was input will be deleted and will not be restored so whatever you wrote you have to do it again.
- Edit lets you edit the information of the created API key. -
- Delete lets you delete the created API key from the list. -
By pressing Add Key navigates you to a new pop up window as shown in the example below where you fill out the new API keys information. Some fields are mandatory some are optional for API key creation.
|Description||It is a note for the user to describe what the API key is used for.|
|Activity||Is the API key Active or In-active (disabled).|
Gives a role to the API key:
- Web - gives readability;
- User - some management;
- Administrator - has full control;
|IP white list||For specific IP's to use the API key. Mostly used for restriction.|
|Key*||The generated API key that you will see after creation is generated automatically.|
If you filled out all the information correctly then you can press the icon button Save and the API key will be saved. If the information is filled out incorrectly the information bar will be shown in red. If you did all the steps correctly the API key should be created in the Settings → API Keys and shown as in an example below. After creation you can Edit the key or Delete the API key from the list.
If something went wrong and you do not know what or have some problems and need some support, please use our help desk, if you do not have access please contact us.
Next: Reward Types